Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Happy Mother's Day

As a present to myself for Mother's Day I bought some new yarn.  I had a 25% off coupon for my LYS, burning a hole in my pocket.  Can you blame me? So I just popped in to see what was there and look what I found.
This Berroco Remix was purchased to make the Sawtelle sweater.  I have had my eye on this beautiful, free pattern for some time.  I was thinking of making this while watching the Olympics this year.
Some basic Ohio State colors for my son who will be leaving home to attend school the school this Fall.  I think a nice hat and scarf might help to keep him warm after those cold, morning swim practices.
This lovely skein is hand spun by a local knitter.  It was not part of my 25% off, but I loved the colors so much I couldn't help it.

Mother's Day is tomorrow.  I am a bit torn this year, just like last year as my Mother continues her slow, slow, horrible decline.  It is just so hard to watch.  I feel so sentimental about my own children getting older, and as my Mother declines, I see how precious my time with them is. I hope you find beauty on Mother's Day.  If you are a Mother, Grandmother, Aunt or a special woman in someones life, I send you a big hug.  You are the people shaping the future of our young ones.

Happy Mother's Day, treat yourself well.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar