What a gorgeous day we are having today... it is sixty six degrees (which is unheard of here at this time of year!) and the sun is shining brightly, the sky is as blue as it can be, there's no wind and the snow is melting. I have a window in every room open to let the fresh air in. I'm sure we will have at least one more big snowstorm before March is over, but for now, I'm going to enjoy this lovely weather, and I'm going out this afternoon to see if any of the bulbs I planted last fall are peeking through the snow! Now, that would really make my day!!
Many of you asked about Supper on a Bread Slice. It's a super quick, hearty and tasty meal. I usually serve it with a salad, but it just as filling by itself, which is how we ate it this time.
To make it you need the following ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 beaten egg
1 loaf of Italian or French bread
Mix all ingredients together except the bread. Cut the bread lengthwise.
Place half of the mixture on each half of the bread. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes or until ground beef is completely cooked. Slice and enjoy!
I think this recipe originally came from my Aunt Val. As a kid we used to have weekend visits with them every four to six weeks and she always had a new recipe to try out on us. I remember her making Sloppy Joes with canned gumbo soup... they were so good. I wonder where that recipe ended up. She made amazing Rocky Road and peanut butter fudge. There was always good food and always, always, always amazing dessert at Aunt Val's.
Thanks for dropping by...

0 Yorumlar