Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sit a spell

Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses is having a porch party. I think this is a great idea for the first of June. I'd like to share my front porch with you.

The front porch is one of my favorite things about our house. I've always wanted a covered porch, and now I have one. My goal was to create an outdoor living room.

This photo is a little dark, but hopefully you can see my "outdoor living room" to the right.



And here's how it looks close up.





My husband and I bought the loveseat and chairs after we moved into this house. It's made by Lane--it looks like wicker, but it's not. It's some sort of completely weatherproof material, so we leave it out here year 'round.

The side table is actually an antique desk that belonged to my parents. It's way at the back of the porch, so it's fairly protected from the elements, but keep it waxed to protect it further. The lamps are outdoor lamps that I found at Target several years ago. I added a tassel to one and a weathervane ornament to the other. The area rug and throw pillows are Target finds as well. The other decorations--the wall hanging, the vase, the "Relax" sign--are all TJMaxx purchases.

I love the fact that this porch is sheltered. It's tucked into a nook so that the harsh western and southern sun never hit it. I have a fan on the porch so that I can have the air stirring whenever it's hot outside, but the porch never gets too hot.

Here's what I see if I'm sitting on the sofa. It's a great place to sit and have a cup of coffee, to sip iced tea on a hot day, watch the boys play basketball in the driveway.



Here's another photo that's a little dark, but I want you to see how the porch looks at night. My favorite thing about this porch is the lamplight. I just love being greeting by this bit of light when I come home at night. We keep low-wattage compact fluorescent bulbs in the lamps so that we can keep them burning all the time.



Hope you like my porch!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar