Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Why I Bought A Roku


Our new TV is designed to use the Roku Streaming Stick.  The stick goes into a designated HDMI slot and uses a power cord.  I love this idea rather than having a separate device sitting out next to the TV.  It is also concealed from sight.

I have friends that use and love their Roku devices and heartily recommend them.  I like that we get to stream to our TV which frees up my laptop to use on other things while the family watches television.  You can purchase programming but it also has a lot of free viewing options.  We can easily use our Amazon Prime membership with it and I plan to add Netflix in a month or two which will also stream through it.


As much as I loved our satellite subscription I am just not willing to pay $60 a month for basic service like I was before.  Over a year's time it adds up to $720 which would more than pay for the new TV, Roku and my Amazon Prime membership plus a Netflix subscription and a simple DVD player with money left over.  I just can't justify the expense of it.

I currently pay $99 a year for our Amazon Prime membership.  Netflix will run $7.99 a month plus tax.  Much more affordable than a cable or satellite subscription and far less than a trip to the movie theatre.  That I can live with. 

Do you have a Roku?  Netflix?  How do you save money on TV entertainment?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar